Saturday, January 12, 2008

A word of introduction

Welcome.

In the world of the Internet, should you choose to type the word “pet” into Google’s search engine, you’ll receive about 393,000,000 results. Typing the word “dog” garners 416,000,000 results, while “cat” generates 808,000,000. Obviously, in one sense, the very, very last thing the Internet needs is one more place where one more voice wishes to join the conversation.

Yet, here I am. I don’t claim to be an expert in anything. I hold no PhD, and don’t pretend to be anything other than what I am, which is someone who is deeply interested in all things cat and dog, and, to a larger extent, the nature of animals.

Every aspect of our relationship with our canine and feline friends fascinates me. The good, the bad, the misunderstood and the myth. Within these relationships lies, in many ways, the complicated nature of ourselves. How we define who we are and how we view ourselves in relation to the rest of the planet.

So, I will do my best to explore it all, from heartwarming and heartbreak, to humor and humanity. And I invite you to come along for the ride.

Again, welcome.

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.