Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Probably not the review they were looking for


I'm standing in the kitchen near the sink when my husband decides to come over and give me a little kiss on the back of my head. Given that we've been married since back in the days when computers came equipped with floppy disk drives, it's kind of nice that we still do things like exchange little kisses for no particular reason.

Him: "Hey, you're hair smells really nice."

Me: "Thanks. I used the cat detangling spray on it."

Him: "Yeah, right. Sure you did."

Me: "No, I really did."

Him: "Why would you do that?"

Me: "I'm out of hair care products. My hair felt tanglly after I got out of the shower and the bottle was just sitting there on the counter. I looked at the ingredients and didn't see anything that looked too weird, so I figured, why not?"

Him: "Why didn't you just ask me to pick up something for you when I went to the store?"

Me: "Dude, you don't want to go there. Remember when you had to pick out shaving cream for me? You spent, like, twenty minutes reading the backs of the shaving cream stuff to find me the one that wasn't tested on animals. The hair care aisle is like five times bigger than the shaving cream section. I love Bed Head products and Pet Head is the pet side of Bed Head, so really, how different can it be? Plus, I already know it wasn't tested on animals. At least not in the bad kind of way that pisses me off. Anyway, it worked. My hair combed out great and it feels soft and doesn't look frizzy or anything. It's not like the cats were using it --- their hair isn't as tangly as mine was."

Him: "Well, it smells good, anyway."

Me: "Strawberry Yogurt. Says so right on the label."

Him: "Well, I guess you know what you're doing."

Me: "I think as long as you don't see me scratching at the toilet lid, instead of just lifting it up to go to the bathroom, I'm probably safe."


*FTC disclosure - I was given a sample of Pretty Kitty Detangling Spray to review, but I can't imagine this is what they had in mind. Obviously, no money exchanged hands and the opinion expressed here could not possibly be anyone's but mine.

13 comments:

Angie, Catladyland said...

Awesome! I would totally use it too. Hey...I think that makes your review even better :)

snoopy@snoopysdogblog said...

Let's just hope the Kitties don't demand you test all their products before they use them!! Tee Hee


Your pal Snoopy :)

Vicky said...

I draw the line at hairball remedies...

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

this has to be the BEST review I have EVER read!!!

I am STILL laughing! lol

GLOGIRLY said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!
still laughing....

DawgBlogger said...

LOL Too funny. I sometimes use Earth Bath for myself too :-)

CATachresis said...

Have you started giving yourself the all over body lick yet?

Random Felines said...

OMC - that is too funny!!! Oh well, at least they know it works. MOL

Pamela said...

I don't think I've ever laughed out loud at a product review before.

Great job!

And welcome back. I've missed you.

Vicky said...

I only lick the body parts I can reach, and given that I'm an out-of-shape middle-aged chick, that leaves quite a few out. Granted, the dog has graciously offered to lick anything I can't reach, but thus far I've declined the offer.

@Pam, Thanks :) I'm glad to be back, though I'm hoping no food samples com in anytime soon, for I fear what I may be asked to do with them.

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

Might as well..

our aunt used the dog's conditioner when she visited last year. Worked well for her as well! (It should considering how much more mom spends on it than on what she uses for the humans!)

AROOOOOF!
Boondocks & The Love Shack Pack

meowmeowmans said...

Hahaha. Great review, actually!

Deb Barnes - Zee and Zoey said...

This reminds me of how horse shampoo and conditioner became so popular a few years back - if a horse could have a long and luxurious mane, why can't I! I love the review and I am putting it on my list of necessary items to buy!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.