Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dog cakes!

No, not cakes for dogs...cakes for people that are dog-themed!

As I continue to walk the fine line between between pet enthusiast and just flat-out pet nut, I'm forced to admit that I love, love, love pet-themed items. You wouldn't necessarily know it from looking at my house --- having a spouse guarantees that my pet-nuttiness doesn't creep into every corner (yet), but one thing I've always wanted was a cake that had a pet theme to it. Until I make one of my very own, here are some seriously cute cakes floating around on the Interwebz.

I like this one because it looks like something I could actually make, given enough time and frosting practice.

via
I'd need lots of practice before tackling something like this!

How cute is this???

via
Jeepers! Someone made a Darby cake!

via
Or maybe I should start with a paw print and work my way up to the rest of the dog?
via
Might need to invite a few friends over to help eat a cake this big!

Have any of you ever made/gotten a pet-themed cake?


5 comments:

Terrorzinhos said...

WoW!!!
Our mom would love to receive a cake like these!
Our favorites are the second and third. Super cute!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I love to cook but I HATE to bake so I have never baked a pet themed cake.

When I was little I got a cake shaped like a bear, that is about it!

These were great!

Talking-Dogs said...

You're killing me here. I'm catching up on my blog reading, so first see those incredible cat cakes. Now dog cakes that are fabulous! Thanks for sharing :-)

Vicky said...

The cakes are too cute...and are making me hungry :)

Rachel Lauren Photography said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad I came back and found these via your comment on the cat cakes to me :)

Wonderful detail, and they are so adorable! I want one now! ;)

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.