Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pet artist who rocks!

While vacationing in New Orleans I became enchanted by the artist Georg Williams. Several of his prints were available at one of the many art galleries we visited, as well as information about commissions.

So much of what I see advertised these days looks a lot like someone takes a photograph of your pet, runs it through some computer software and pops out an altered likeness. It's not that I find anything wrong with that, but Williams functions on a completely different level. I find his work to be much more reminiscent of the art found in Disney animated pieces like Lady and the Tramp or the Aristocats, but uniquely suited to your pet.
If I ever win the lottery (or come across some extra cash) I'd love to have him put together something for me. For now I may have to settle for a few of his prints.

If you'd like to check out how truly talented this artist is, head to his web site by clicking here.

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.