Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Petfinder!

Today marks the fifteenth anniversary of Petfinder, one of the greatest resources for adoptable pets ever created. 

Petfinder Adopt-the-Internet Day

At any given moment, hundreds of thousands of adoptable pets are waiting on the pages of Petfinder for their forever homes. Potential adopters can search the site by breed, age or location and can search the Petfinder database for rescue groups in their area.

Since this fabulous site came along, people looking for adoptable pets have a one-stop option for taking a peek at all of the available animals in their area, many offered by small rescue groups who might otherwise exist all but unnoticed by the public at large. Now, just a few clicks of a mouse and anyone can see an adorable guy like Raj!


On behalf of all of the folks who work so tirelessly to get adoptable pets into loving homes, thank you Petfinder, for everything you do to help us make love connections with caring owners, creating new families four paws at a time.
 

6 comments:

Oskar said...

Great post, what a cool event!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

snoopy@snoopysdogblog said...

Hi Vicky,

We love petfinder too! Mum and Dad looked for a rescue Beardie before I was born, so spent lots of time on petfinder....they couldn't find a Beardie, but now know that's because the Beardie owners in the USA scour petfinder everyday and rescue them immediately. So we also say a big thank you to petfinder for making this possible.

Snoopy :)

meowmeowmans said...

Petfinder is awesome! Thanks for taking a part in such a wonderful day of remembrance!

Kristine said...

Yay! Again, I get to comment. Ugh. I don't know my my computer dislikes your blog so much. Just so you know, I am always reading, even if I am not making my presence known!

I am so glad Darby is feeling better. I hope he is running around and back to his old tricks by now.

Yay Petfinder! I wouldn't be who I am today without that amazing site. This is no exaggeration.

Anonymous said...

You would think a lady you know would have been delighted to use Petfinder, rather than turn up her nose attghe thought.

Vicky said...

Petfinder is a terrific venue that has helped tens of thousands of animals find their forever homes. I will always speak kindly of their efforts. If my pets didn't keep finding me I'd be on there looking for my next forever friend in a heartbeat.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.