You want to know the truth?
I don't care what you do.
Any single, small thing you are willing to do to help secure a better life for animals, be they companion, livestock or wild, is enough for me. Just do something.
- Write a letter to your legislator about a law you'd like to see implemented or changed.
- Buy an extra bag (or can) of food and donate it to your local pet food pantry.
- Help sponsor the spaying or neutering of a companion animal waiting to be adopted at your local shelter.
- Attend a local government meeting when animal issues are being discussed.
- Help organize a bake sale, with proceeds to be donated to your local shelter.
- Write a letter to the editor of your newspaper about the importance of spaying and neutering.
- Thank a local restaurant for allowing dogs to sit on the patio with you.
- Sponsor a tree to be planted at your local dog park.
- If the animal cruelty laws aren't strong enough for your liking, help work to make them tougher.
- Offer to help one of your local organizations, even if just for an afternoon.
- Get a few friends together and start your own Operation Happy Sock.
- Bake some dog treats and deliver them to your local shelter.
- Bake some people treats and deliver them to your local shelter to thank the staff and volunteers for their work.
- Add your signature to a petition here or here that addresses an animal issue about which you feel strongly.
- Put a change jar at your desk or your business to collect funds to donate to your favorite local animal group.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do." ~Edward Everett Hale
Today is one of the four "Blog the Change" dates set aside each year for pet bloggers. Thanks to Be the Change for Animals and This One Wild Life for the inspiration. Check out what other bloggers are hoping to change: