Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Animal Control Commission meeting

Wouldn't it be amazing to see something positive come out of tonight's Animal Control Commission meeting? Wouldn't it be fabulous to see a pair of people, one a respected breeder and one involved in rescue stand together and say, "We represent the small, but growing, group of people on both sides of the issue who wish to see something done about the unacceptable number of pets being euthanized in Kern County, and we're willing to work together to make it happen"?

I asked, on a blog post on Bakersfield.com why breeders are so opposed to obtaining a license. I won't reiterate my message here (you can head over to the blogs should you wish to read it). I received no real response. I was a bit surprised, as I was asking an honest question and was hoping for a sincere reply or two, since to me it seems like an area where both sides could find some common ground.

Oh well. I'm sure I'll see plenty of representation tonight. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said! We would only add this:

In our humble opinion we are not months or years away from a mandatory spay/neuter ordinance here in Kern County and/or Bakersfield: rather, we are currently on the very cusp of making this a reality.

We can share information with you that will truly lighten your heart.

We gladly join you and embrace your principles...;o)-

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.