Tuesday, July 8, 2008

On another note...

It's been three years, to the day, since my always-beloved Bosco passed to the other side.

Just in case I somehow might have managed to forget, the forces that be had me outside of my office just in time to watch two men walking a happy, beautiful, sable Sheltie. I've been in that part of town for the past four years, yet today is the only time I've ever seen a sheltie in the area.

After work, I came home to quiet house and spent a few minutes decompressing before we, once again, played his song, Mr. Bojangles by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. The album version (as opposed to radio) has a lead-in that Bosco would sing to, if you asked. And there's a verse in that little tune that never fails to squeeze my heart.

Since he died, it's the only day of the year we play it at all.

We play it to think of him, in all his glory. Before he became ill. We play it in tribute to his life and his love and devotion. We cry a little. And it's O.K.

Bosco-pup, we'll always hold you close in our hearts.

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.