Monday, September 8, 2008

A little love!

I got my first fan email today! Well, to be accurate, I got it 10 days ago, but didn't see it until today.

A very kind person wrote me in response to my article in The Northwest Voice about low-cost spay/neuter services in Bakersfield. It was great to see, not just because it was positive (which does help), but I got to know firsthand that someone, somewhere was actually reading what I contributed.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did previously write for the Northwest and Southwest Voice publications. Soon after The Northwest Voice was started I wrote a "Dear Daphne" column that dealt with pets and pet issues, and I did receive some positive feedback from some of the columns I produced, but my life got a little hectic and I had to hang it up for a bit.

When I decided to go back to it I wanted to write as me. Just me. I wasn't sure how well it would work out, or if there would be anyone interested in reading what I have to say (and despite the odd absences from this site, anyone who knows me can tell you I have plenty to say, especially as it applies to animals).

At least now I know that someone read it and, for now, that's good enough.

1 comment:

diverl said...

Hi, just thought I'd let you know that the DOG FOUNTAIN has been installed already at the NE University Dog Park.

It's now the only dog park in town with a fountain INSIDE the dog park. Woohoo!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.