Monday, July 25, 2011

How to enjoy a pool...

...when you don't like swimming!

Darby loves hanging on the edge of the pool, begging us to splash water in his face. This is his favorite back yard activity, hands-down, even if he regularly leans a bit too far over and falls in.

I snapped a few pics of his recent endeavors for your viewing pleasure!

He's already fallen in once, hence the wet back end...


"Dad, I'm waiting..."
"Whew, about time!"
"More, more more!"
"C'mon...I'm right here!"

"Biteyface!"
"Mom says all good dogs know, 'Go dry off on your towel!'"

"Back for more!"
And so it goes. Every pool adventure includes running the Doodlebug ragged around the edge, making him chase us from one side to the other in the hopes of getting splashed. It's not always my idea of perfection --- occasionally a girl would like to float around without distraction --- but there's just no way I can deny him such a simple pleasure.

My your summer find you with simple pleasures of your own in which to indulge.

7 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! How FUN! I Wish I got a pool like yours. Happy MONDAY! Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Unknown said...

Love the pictures :)

jen said...

Darby looks like he is having a blast!
Who needs to relax pool side anyways?:)

cate said...

Oh really fun pics and I would love to get in that pool right now!

Kristine said...

Darby is just so funny! I'd love to jump in a pool - it's been ages. He looks like he had a great time, even if he didn't exactly swim. :-)

mel said...

I am incredibly jealous of your pool!

snoopy@snoopysdogblog said...

Darby,

You're so funny!! It made me chuckle that you keep falling in, would love to see that on video! :)

I love your biteyface too..... :)

Glad you're having fun and keeping the humans busy! :)

Your pal Snoopy :)

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.